Categories: Ste Therese's House Characters: Hilda Annersley, Jack Maynard, Jo (Bettany) Maynard, Kathie Ferrars, Matron Lloyd, Nancy Wilmot, Nell Wilson, Rosalie Dene, Sharlie Andrews
School Period: Switzerland
School Name: Chalet School
Genre: Adventure, Domestic, Drama, Family, Friendship, Humour, Mystery, School Story
Series: A New Dream
Chapters: 31 Completed: Yes
Word count: 160918 Read: 36988
Published: 25 Sep 2011 Updated: 17 Nov 2011
1. Chapter 1 - The Birth of AMAS by MaryR [Reviews - 16] (5423 words)
Thank you for all the encouragement up to now, which has been greatly appreciated. Enjoy the new volume - and don't forget to favourite if, you want those all-important alerts!
3. Chapter 3 - Getting a Man Back on His Horse by MaryR [Reviews - 3] (4886 words)
Welcome, Katesian, and thank you for braving us all. The reviews from all of you are lovely, thank you, and I might employ that wet haddock one day, Shesings! Use it often, do you?
4. Chapter 4 - Ellie and Matey Receive Wisdom and Love by MaryR [Reviews - 6] (5191 words)
I guess I should call you my Three Musketeers, shouldn't I? Thank you so much for the constant encouragment.
5. Chapter 5 - Staff Meeting by MaryR [Reviews - 7] (3620 words)
Aw, thank you so much for all the very kind reviews. They really are a great encouragement. I'm sorry the chunks are slightly shorter than before, but sometimes it's hard knowing where to cut the thing!
6. Chapter 6 - Aftermath of the Staff Meeting by MaryR [Reviews - 7] (3701 words)
'Is there a certain dramatic irony in your last line?'You mean about Ellie being safe at the CS, Amira? I suppose it depends on how much you know, but irony hadn't been in my mind when I had Hilda thinking it. I suppose it's a bit like tempting fate, isn't it, to say such things, even to yourself?
7. Chapter 7 - That Gossamer Curtain by MaryR [Reviews - 5] (3946 words)
Yes, Kathie is her own worst enemy, isn't she? The trouble is, others are suffering. Thank you for your thoughts re Kathie and poor Nancy.
10. Chapter 10 - Blackmail and Toilet Paper! by MaryR [Reviews - 5] (4180 words)
Sorry for the false alert! It only posted half the update.
Thank you for the lovely encouraging reviews, and Emma, welcome to the saga and thank you for de-lurking.
11. Chapter 11 - Joey’s Little Angel by MaryR [Reviews - 7] (5037 words)
Thank you for those exceptionally kind and interested reviews. Katesian, maybe you'll find the answer to your question about Joey here...
13. Chapter 13 - Happiness and Despair by MaryR [Reviews - 4] (4083 words)
Thought I'd treat you to another piece tonight for being so kind in your reviews.
Luisa, I think we all wish that MA was real. I know I do. Thank you for having the courage to post a review.
14. Chapter 14 - A Grain of Wheat by MaryR [Reviews - 3] (4882 words)
Thank you for continuing to read... I know some of you find it hard to comment on the parts where Hilda's grief hits home, and I do understand.
15. Chapter 15 - A Surprise Package by MaryR [Reviews - 9] (5544 words)
There's a long way still to go before we get to the point where I can carry on the story, I'm afraid, so do I carry on - or jump over the rest? I can't believe quite how long it is taking.....
16. Chapter 16 - You Will Be My Simon by MaryR [Reviews - 6] (4626 words)
Wow! I'm not quite sure what to say to you all! Bless you for the generous things you say about that last piece and for letting me see that you would prefer me to continue posting it all.... So, onwards and upwards!
19. Chapter 19 - The Prefects Enjoy Themselves by MaryR [Reviews - 4] (4974 words)
I apologise for the delay in updating. Busyness seem to have taken over my life! No wonder this seems to be taking so long! *grins apologetically*
Thank you for the reviews to the last piece.
23. Chapter 23 - Ian Tilts at Windmills by MaryR [Reviews - 3] (5039 words)
I'm so glad you like that chapter with Hilda and Ellie - thank you! Good to know you appreciate Ellie's turns of phrase, Elder, as I am not always sure I get them right!
24. Chapter 24 - A Hole in the World by MaryR [Reviews - 3] (4855 words)
'Your writing portrays how people feel with almost fearsome clarity, Mary.'
Celia, if that is true, it scares me, because where does it all come from? But thank you for the compliment, which I think it is. And thank you, Elder and Pauline, as well, for the reviews.
26. Chapter 26 - Nell Has Plenty to Say by MaryR [Reviews - 7] (6626 words)
Oh, you are kind! Thank you so much for all the lovely reviews. I'm sorry for the rather long descriptions in this second part of the concert.
27. Chapter 27 - Candles Great and Small by MaryR [Reviews - 4] (4788 words)
Thank you yet again for all the loving comments - although I do appear to have left you on a bit of a cliff, no?
Vick, I hope there wasn't too much detail! That can get very tedious!
31. Chapter 31 - An Impromptu Concert by MaryR [Reviews - 7] (3443 words)
Thank you for all the lovely comments - and welcome to Karita. I'm sorry you've had to wait so long for an update, but, as I said in Grumpy Griping on the board, I had a nasty reaction to the flu jab last Friday and have been rather ill - and now my laptop is in hospital! So am trying to do this with my rather unsophisticated netbook and a memory stick! Fortunately it is only a short piece - and the last in this volume.