Categories: Ste Therese's House Characters: Hilda Annersley, Nell Wilson
School Period: Switzerland
School Name: Chalet School
Genre: Drama, Family, Friendship, Humour, Mystery
Series: A New Dream
Chapters: 14 Completed: Yes
Word count: 77797 Read: 20754
Published: 21 Aug 2011 Updated: 20 Sep 2011
2. Chapter 2 - Pauline Learns a Hard Lesson by MaryR [Reviews - 7] (5611 words)
Thank you all for the kind words! Abbeybufo, I have been changing small things as I’ve gone along, tightening up the text, deleting what seems uneccesary – although I’m sure you could still find a great deal more that needs throwing out! *grins*
3. Chapter 3 - A Dream and its Aftermath by MaryR [Reviews - 4] (7046 words)
Mary - only you could manage to make everyone in the wrong and yet in the right at the same time and still get me feeling both sympathy and empathy for all of them
*giggles* Am I confusing you, Clair? I guess it’s true of all of us at times, which is why life can be so confusing. But bless you for the vote of confidence for my poor characters, who have to put up with me and my vagaries. As I have to put up with theirs, at times, because they often lead me a merry dance, I tell you. But thanks to all of you for your kind reviews.
4. Chapter 4 - Shocks Don't Come Singly! by MaryR [Reviews - 7] (7926 words)
Anne, I have read In This House of Brede, but not since Mother Abbess walked into my story, as I don’t want her to be influenced by it!! There is also a very interesting Abbess in The Land of Spices by Kate O’Brien. Thanks for the reviews, as well, everyone....
5. Chapter 5 - Bad News! by MaryR [Reviews - 5] (5060 words)
Thank you for the reviews and I apologise for the lack of updates recently, but busyness and a bad back have rather got in the way. I'll try to get back into the routine of daily updates.
9. Chapter 9 - Hilda Does Some More Spoiling by MaryR [Reviews - 4] (4432 words)
I’m so glad you found the book, Vick. It was one of my daughter’s favourites as a child thirty years ago, and she chose that particular piece for one of the readings at her wedding – as Zara Phillips did, a little earlier this summer. It’s apparently now a very popular reading at weddings.
Thank you for choosing to read this saga – and thanks to all the reviewers of that last piece.
10. Chapter 10 - Beautiful and Rich is an Old Friendship by MaryR [Reviews - 3] (4722 words)
*While she is so good at giving, Hilda is still in much need of receiving herself.* I agree, Katy, but as we see in this chapter, being on the receiving end can often be a heavy burden.
Thank you for the four loving reviews. They are really appreciated.
11. Chapter 11 - Sister Catherine Reveals her True Colours by MaryR [Reviews - 5] (6214 words)
Bless you all for the kind words - always welcome and very encouraging.
12. Chapter 12 - Only Nell Could be Nell ! by MaryR [Reviews - 5] (5257 words)
I wish I had a Kate or a Hilda.
Quite a few people have said those very same words during the posting of this saga, Lynne. We all wish we had a Kate or a Hilda.... but maybe we have, without realising it. Wisdom comes to us in many guises.
Thank you, all, for the reviews.
14. Chapter 14 - The Triptych (An interlude) by MaryR [Reviews - 8] (4894 words)
Thank you to all of you who have posted reviews on Vol 4, which is now coming to an end. They have been very much appreciated indeed and have kept me going when I didn't see the point of posting it all again.